You must read and agree to this site's terms and conditions before downloading or using any software or other material available from this site. In some cases, the software in question might include its own legalese that overrides the aforementioned default.
- MacFUSE — A mechanism for implementing user-space file systems on Mac OS X. Compatible with the FUSE (File System in User Space) API from Linux.
- AncientFS—Ancient Unix file systems on Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD.
- UnixFS—A general-purpose layer for writing Unix-style MacFUSE-based file systems.
- GrabFS—The Screenshot file system.
- procfs—A MacFUSE-based process file system for Mac OS X.
- sshfs—A Mac OS X port of the SSH FUSE file system from Linux.
File System Debugging and Analysis Tools
- hfsdebug — A file system debugger for HFS+.
- fslogger — A file system activity monitor based on the fsevents mechanism, which is also used by Spotlight.
Miscellaneous Kernel Features
- XBinary — Extended Binary Format Support for Mac OS X.
- TPM-Related Software — Trusted Platform Module (TPM) device driver, user-space trusted software stack, and relevant tools.
- A TPM for Everyone — Software emulation of the TPM.
Kernel and User Memory
- gcore — Handcrafting Process Core Dumps.
- KernelMemoryAccess — A
/dev/kmemdevice driver for Mac OS X.
- efibuildenv — Toolchain for EFI Programming on Mac OS X.
Ambient Light Sensor
- LMUTracker etc. — Code for programmatically accessing the Ambient Light Sensor in Apple notebook computers.
- iremoted — A daemon for receiving and displaying Apple Infrared Remote events. Also supports controlling Keynote presentations.
Sudden Motion Sensor
Please note that I wrote the motion sensor software several years ago. Since then, the motion sensor hardware in Apple computers has undergone several changes. Therefore, the software may not work correctly on some computers. Section 10.7.5 of the Mac OS X Internals book describes how to retrieve accelerometer data from the motion sensor. Also see the book's accompanying source code.
- AMS2HID — The Sudden Motion Sensor as a human interface device.
- AMSTracker — Retrieving data from the Sudden Motion Sensor.
- AMSVisualizer — A 3D visualization of the Sudden Motion Sensor.
- StableWindow — A window that counters motion.
- SMSRotateD — The Sudden Motion Sensor as a screen rotation trigger for automatic screen orientation based on a notebook's physical orientation (portrait or landscape).